Monday, September 25, 2006

Stormy Monday

Getting out the door this morning was a total nightmare. Mondays are usually tough, but this one was especially so, probably because the weekend was so action-packed. Heather came to visit while Todd went to Martin Short's Broadway show with Bob. Thea was pretty excited about Heather being in town, and we sold her on the idea of Daddy being away by explaining that he'd be on a sleep-over with his friend Bob, like Lila and Thea have sleep-overs?

Here's a photo of the family. I know it's blurry and we all look a little weird, but, sadly, it's the best in the bunch.



Anyway, this morning everything was an argument with Thea: what to wear, whether to have breakfast or wait until she got to daycare, who would buckle her into the car seat, whether she'd get a kiss good-bye and how many and how... EVERYTHING.

So I finally extricate myself from the kids and rush to work. I'm walking up the path to the building and I notice I'm limping, walking with a "shuffle, CLUMP, shuffle, CLUMP." Here's what I saw when I looked down:

5 comments:

NT said...

ROFLMAO.

Dang, girl!

At least you're not writing a paper due tomorrow morning...

(Sorry, had to whine.)

Kelly O said...

Ha ha, yeah, hoo. (Grr...)

Good luck on your paper!

bj said...

That's funny, I have two pair of shoes just like that!

oormila vijayakrishnan said...

That was funny!!! Happened to me once. Just that they were two completely different colours and I noticed only after I got into the school bus. Well, what to do. I went to school and taught the kids very bravely...

Kelly O said...

I tried unsuccessfully to convince people it was a fashion statement. *heavy sigh*