I was tagged by a very cool blogger for this meme. The rules are:
- Link to your tagger and post rules.
- Share 7 facts about yourself, some random and some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of post and list their names.
- Let them know they were tagged by a comment on their blog.
2. My husband and I have been together 18 years. We got married on Leap Day and went to see Yoko Ono perform that night. She may be tiny, but let me tell you, that woman can kick your ass.
3. Most of my closest friends all knew each other in weird, random ways a decade or two before actually realizing it, even though two of them moved to this area at different times from the Midwest.
4. I have my master's degree in art history from a program that required two theses. The thesis in my area was on feminism and performance art in the '60s, '70s, and '80s. The one not in my area was on pendant paintings in the Renaissance depicting two loves of Zeus, Ganymede and Io. I got to do a lot of academic reading on sex for that one, which was frankly not as much fun as it might sound.
5. I was a vegetarian for 15 years before having terrible morning sickness that could only be quelled by a turkey sandwich during my first pregnancy. It's hard to go back.
6. I can paint a room in about an hour, due to years of working at a museum as an undergrad. My job was to paint the rooms and pylons between shows and to set up the art. My favorite exhibit to set up was the Nam June Paik, because it was a bunch of old television sets with instructions on how to calibrate the screens and how to place them in a semi-circle. Best. Job. Ever.
7. My kids are both named after my maternal grandparents and my sister.
I want to know more about these people, all of whom rock the casbah:
Blog Me Mamalicious
N is for Native and Neurotic
Tied to My Apron Strings
And an extra tag for Phil Free
("Phil free" to save this for NaBloPoMo!)