Monday, November 19, 2007

The ABCs of Kelly O

Wreke tagged me with a fun meme a few days ago, bless her. I don't want to whine about how hard it is to post every day for NaBloPoMo, because, really, I post almost every day, anyway. But there's something about HAVING to do it that makes it harder. So memes have totally saved my ass. Keep 'em coming! And if anyone else needs a writing prompt, let me know and I'll tag you for the next one.

The rules: list a word that describes you for every letter of the alphabet. Offer as much or as little explanation as you wish. Please keep the words positive (for example, don’t use “fat” for F or “lame” for L), and feel free to get creative. Tag as many or as few people as you wish. Link back to your tagger and forward to your taggees.

Kelly O is ...

  • aloof
  • beginning again
  • curious
  • dorky
  • enthusiastic
  • faithful
  • gregarious
  • hopeful
  • introspective
  • jaundiced
  • keeled evenly
  • liberal
  • maudlin
  • narcoleptic
  • objective ... no, wait, OBSESSIVE!
  • practical
  • quixotic (yes, both practical and quixotic)
  • restless
  • sensible
  • tactless
  • unimpressed
  • verisimilitudinous (I'm not sure this is the correct adjective form; what I'm trying to say is, I'm flawed, sometimes vulgar, and not prone to exaggeration)
  • weird
  • xenophilous
  • yielding
  • zealot-phobic

I'm tagging these folks:

7 comments:

sher said...

verisimilitudinous. whoa! that's probably a .75 word there, missy :)

i'm still working on xenophilous. i'm guessing it's the opposite of xenophobic :) yay! every day, i learn something new from this blogging thingamajigger. today, i've grown, thanks to you :)

Kelly O said...

Well, I'm not sure that's a word, either, but I figured people would still get it. "Philia" is "love of", right? And the "ous" makes it an adjective? Close enough!

Patois said...

What a fab list. Narcoleptic? Seriously?

Kelly O said...

Not really narcoleptic. Just really, REALLY tired these days.

Grandy said...

Awesome meme, Kelly!! I'm impressed!! Could we play scrabble sometime??

Kelly O said...

I'm actually pretty awful at Scrabble because, while my vocabulary is pretty big, my spelling is atrocious.

Daniel said...

spelling is totally overrated...except when you misspell the word "relevant" in the signature of your work email. oops! anyway, if pillowsandchocolate a biological cousin? I'm totally into cousins these days. thanks for the meme. it should be fun. now I have a pair o' kelly memes! P will definitely have to be procrastinator.