Monday, June 16, 2008

Hot SILVERDOCS action

I'm probably a leetle too tipsy and distracted by Todd's minimalist piano solo in the background to do justice to this, but my friend Brent is live-blogging the Silverdocs international film festival, running from now until the end of the week at the AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center. Go check it out! Brent is a lovely mix of brilliant and cool and somewhat curmudgeonly.

Here's a snippet from one of my favorite reviews so far:

Is…is that a power drill?

Yep. And even if you aren’t a 12 year old boy–which is to say that you are not inclined to see a film just because someone will be doing brain surgery using the same kind of cordless power drill you have in the garage–there are plenty of other reasons to make sure you see The English Surgeon.

1 comment:

Brent said...

You are the 12 year old boy I had in mind when I wrote that, actually.
xoxo,
-B.