Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween wrap-up

Like most girls Thea's age, Thea wanted to be a princess for Halloween. Here she is at a costume party with our dear family friend Rosie, who is also dressed as a princess.



Somewhere along the way, though, she changed her mind and decided to be a vampire. She told me this the day before Halloween, and I was so thrilled I told her I'd do anything I could to make it happen. This was the best I could come up with, a cape made from two pillow cases and her school clothes. She wouldn't wear the teeth, but Liam was game:



Liam has been steadfast in his love of bats and this one costume in particular (see 2008 and 2007).



And here's the pumpkin I carved, inspired by our neighbor's pumpkin last year.

3 comments:

floogee said...

What I like about yours is it's more of a hemorrhaging pumpkin than a barfing one.

melissa said...

Oh my goodness, that pumpkin is AWESOME. Not as fantastic as the kids, of course, but awesome nonetheless.

Noisy Quiet said...

This is pretty awesome.