Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Miss Li and Francis at the House of Sweden, March 22, 2010

I fell in love last night, and I was dancing the whole way home

Floogee, Svetlana, and I were lucky enough to catch a free show at the Swedish Embassy's House of Sweden last night. Francis was tons of fun, kind of caberet-rockabilly, and the lead singer was incredibly charismatic. I hope to see them again at some point.



Miss Li played next, and they totally blew me away. I thought we were going to have to watch the band from behind a small crowd of trust-fund intern-types, but they left after half a song. They missed a great show, thank dog.



If you get a chance to check out either of these bands, TAKE IT.

3 comments:

floogee said...

LOVE being surprised and boy, did Francis do that. Cannot wait for them to release their full record. The EP is awesome.

Miss Li was another wonderful surprise. Love it when bands are obviously having fun and Miss Li (band) seem to live for that.

floogee said...

One more point needs to be made here. The only lucky ones were Svetlana and myself. If it weren't for the PASSIONATE email to the Swedish Embassy from Kelly asking them very nicely to let us in there is no show. Let the record state this. ;)

Kelly O said...

Ha! Yeah, I did kind of gush, so much so that they remembered my name when we were checking in.