What a big kid!
Not much has changed since last year. Here are some things that have remained steady:
- Liam is still a sunny, adorable, cheerful kid. He's incredibly good-natured and easy-going, which makes him a blast to hang out with.
- He's pretty much always up for anything and rarely complains.
- He doesn't even cry when he gets a shot.
- Like last year, his birthday dinner was Mike's macaroni and cheese (has to be made by Mike) and Ikea's meatballs, with assorted cupcakes for dessert.
- Thea is is best friend, and he'll do just about anything she asks.
But he's grown a lot, too. Here are a few changes:
- He's always been a tall kid, but now he towers over most kids his age (so much so that at a party, through a haze of three glasses of wine, I told someone he was turning six because I couldn't believe he was the same age as the kids who came up to his ears).
- He's getting a little more self-conscious and doesn't seem to enjoy being the center of attention.
- The punchline for his jokes is almost always "fart" now, instead of "poop." (I preferred "poop.")