This was hilarious. I asked the kids 21 questions (plus a bonus one!) last night, similar to other questions I asked them a couple years ago. Here are their answers, transcribed verbatim:
1. What makes you happy?
THEA: Seeing everybody else happy. [It's true, she's my little empath!]
LIAM: You. [Aaaawwwwwwwww!]
2. What makes you sad?
THEA: When people are sad.
LIAM: When some people are killed, like when hunters kill deers and stuff.
3. What makes you laugh?
THEA: Seeing Liam laugh.
LIAM: Funny faces and Thea makes me laugh.
4. What is your favorite thing to do?
THEA: Doing science.
LIAM: Watching movies and eating popcorn in the theater.
5. What are you really good at?
THEA: Dancing, singing, and drawing
LIAM: Singing [and being silly, Thea says]
6. What are you not very good at?
THEA: Keeping my room clean. [She needed some help from me to think of something.]
LIAM: Coloring. [Thea and I immediately protested that he is indeed a good colorer, but he was steadfast with his answer.]
7. What is your favorite food and drink?
THEA: Mike's mac and cheese and water
LIAM: Chicken tenders and chocolate milk
8. What’s your favorite color?
9. Where is your favorite place to go?
LIAM: Mike's house.
10. Who are your best friends?
THEA: Wendy and Jackie
LIAM: Kayleigh and Naeem. ["He's a very sweet boy," said Liam. "You sounded just like a grown-up when you said that!" said Thea.]
11. What are your favorite movies or TV shows?
THEA: Harry Potter and SpongeBob
LIAM: Same as Thea.
12. What are your favorite books?
THEA: Dr. Seuss is my favorite author.
LIAM: Arthur [By Marc Brown. I didn't know they were his favorite!]
13. If you were a cartoon character, who would you be? They decided, instead, to say which fictional character they'd be.
LIAM: Harry Potter and Nanny McPhee. But Ron is my favorite.
14. What does Mommy do when you're not around?
15. What do you do when Mommy isn't around?
THEA: Mess up the house.
LIAM: You be good [says Liam, scowling at Thea.]
16. What is something Mommy always says to you? They answered immediately and in tandem.
THEA: I love you.
LIAM: I love you.
17. What do you and Mommy do together?
THEA: Have fun with art. [Thea says she could teach me art. And she could! She's very skilled.]
18. How are you and Mommy the same?
THEA: We both have brown hair, the same eyes, and we're pretty. [Well, thank you, Thea!]
LIAM: We both poop. [... Yeah, I guess that's what makes us all human. Very essentialist, son.]
19. How are you and Mommy different?
THEA: Mommy wears earrings.
LIAM: By being sad. [It took a long time for him to think of something. I think he just pulled this out of the air. At this point Thea throws up her hands and says, "Really? Liam, you could have said ANYTHING, that she's taller or a grown-up or goes to work! What are you talking about?!" So Liam changed his answer.] She goes to work.
20. How do you know Mommy loves you?
THEA: 'Cause I'm her kid. Kid-kid, not a goat.
LIAM: Yes, because we're not goats.
21. Who are your favorite people? The kids made me ask this question.
THEA: My family and friends. Mommy, Daddy, Liam, Mike, Grandma, Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt, other Aunt, Uncle, Cousin.
LIAM: My family.
BONUS! I asked, as if this were the end of a job interview, "What should I have asked you?"
22. What is your favorite toy?
THEA: The two teddy bears made from you [here and here] and the lion and my new tiger.
LIAM: The one Mike's bringing me!!! [Mike had brought Thea a toy on Liam's birthday but had forgotten to bring the one he got for Liam on Thea's birthday. So Liam had to wait, anxiously, for Mike to deliver it last night. It was a penguin, which was accepted with much relief and then discarded in the Christmas pile.]